This time now with a 3G, we started the MAC…not a fan of it anyway (locked up)! Just like mr PC would! Anyhow thought we bricked it, but it just rebooted. Now we are going to try greenpois0n.com and see if it is as easy as mine was. Nothing like a little terror to get things going albeit not as much as when I did mine and thought I was gonna have to go potty, but it all worked out…Now this time a pray please Lord let us get this one right too!
> Instructions (Steps to Jailbreak 3g)
- plug the device to your computer using the USB cable
- quit iTunes if it shows up
- start greenpois0n.app
- follow instructions – I think that I need to actually turn it off, first…but it doesn’t say that *%#@1? – but after 0 for 3 I am turning the sucker off!
- the device will boot a 1st time with verbose text on screen. This operation will install the jailbreak on the device.
- the device will reboot normally
- start the Loader application (green icon on the SpringBoard), and follow instructions to install Cydia
> In case of troubles (I was here earlier, don’t really want to be here!)
Well in this case 4th time or 3rd was not the charm, tried it by turning it off and it said it still didn’t work and then couldn’t get it to turn back on. Locked the Mac up again and then once we rebooted ye, old Mac it found ‘an ipod in restore mode’ and it is currently restoring it to factory. Not the ideal, but not a brick. I was doing this for my son and needless to say he was very upset when he thought he lost his phone…to death 🙂 but now that it is back we will be glad for our inherited iphones and not worry about jailbreaking. Now it will just be, restoring past purchases…so sorry, but yet so glad.
Good night greenpois0n you were poison for me.