- select a texture on an image or select a whole picture with the texture
- Go to Image >> Adj >> Threshold use the slider to get as much black as possible, then hit ‘OK’
- Go to Image > Adj > Invert (because you want the white area’s not the black so you have to invert it)
- Now make the brush Go to Edit >> Define Brush Preset. This will promp a box (see image below)which allows you to name your brush. It’s worth noting that this will omit the white area and only makes a brush out of the black parts in the image, which is exactly what you want!
- Define the brush settings
- Paint it!